Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bypassing The Error Code Screen!

For the past few weeks since I have found out about how to bypass the error screen, I have been posting about here on this blog and especially on the blogger help groups.

I am wondering why blogger.com themselves haven't posted this information but it could be because they just haven't gotten to it yet. Another possibility is that they may want people to be able to report the error code to them. If a person gets the error code screen BUT they bypass it using the bypass procedure then it is likely that they won't report the error code and if they don't report it then blogger.com won't know about it and therefore they won't be able to work on solving that error code problem.

btw - I have noticed that while some people have reported that certain error codes have been solved by the blogger staff, those same error codes are being experienced by others which makes knowing how to get out of the error screen completely would be better!.

I have already noticed that they now have provided an additional link to a form where people can report their error code problems. But I do see a problem with this and for once it is not on Blogger.com's end! It seems that people are posting their error code problems on the help boards and while there are blogger.com employees that have been answering some of the posts there still has to be an action taken by those that are getting the error codes and that is to report it to Blogger.com.

If you look on the right side of this blog you will see a link to where you can report your error code problems. That link will take you directly to the form that you need to fill out to report your error code problem (instead of posting about it in the help forum).

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sister2brother said...

I should also add that if you are still experiencing this particular error code then you should ask the blogger.com staff for the bypass process that you can use to get out of the error screen so that you can go back to working on your blog.

This bypass process has worked just fine for me. So everytime I get the error code screen I just "bypass" out of it! So far it has worked 100% for me!

April 23, 2008 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger John Navas said...

With all due respect, Google shouldn't (and probably doesn't) need to depend on users reporting error codes -- the system should be logging errors for Google automatically, Internet server 101. And unintelligible error codes are inexcusably sloppy programming -- users deserve clear error messages, ideally with what to do about them, Program Design 101. How would you feel if all you got from your car when it ran out of gas was "Error SOFAJ2"? Sheesh.
-John

April 24, 2008 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Rehan Khailil said...

I have been getting the error codes for over a month now. I have reported them to Blogger and nothing. I continue to get daily new error codes when doing the same thing and I report them and still nothing. I don’t even have the faintest clue of how to contact Blogger to get past the error code screen that you’re talking about. Blogger makes it so difficult contact their support group services.

April 25, 2008 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Sister2brother said...

With all due respect, Google shouldn't (and probably doesn't) need to depend on users reporting error codes -- the system should be logging errors for Google automatically, Internet server 101. And unintelligible error codes are inexcusably sloppy programming -- users deserve clear error messages, ideally with what to do about them, Program Design 101. How would you feel if all you got from your car when it ran out of gas was "Error SOFAJ2"? Sheesh.


My problem with your statement is why would the Blogger.com staff ask people to report the code if they had their own way of detecting it? It's always easier to say what someone should or should not be able to do when that someone is someone else.

And when my car runs out of gas I do get an "error" of sorts - that little red light comes on.

April 26, 2008 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Sister2brother said...

"I have been getting the error codes for over a month now. I have reported them to Blogger and nothing. I continue to get daily new error codes when doing the same thing and I report them and still nothing. I don’t even have the faintest clue of how to contact Blogger to get past the error code screen that you’re talking about. Blogger makes it so difficult contact their support group services."

While I do know that the Blogger.com staff have posted different links to where people can report their error code problems - I have included such a link on the side of this blog - it seems that people are getting quite frustrated at not getting any feedback from Blogger.com about the error code messages that they are receiving. I have seen message board posts from actual Blogger.com employees stating that they see that some bloggers are feeling as though they are "not getting enough love" and that is why they posted links to a form where people can report their error code problems. But so far it doesn't seem to be doing any good as far as some bloggers are concerned. A few have even mentioned that they were considering moving their blog to someplace else!

that's why I can't understand why Blogger.com just doesn't simply post the procedure for getting out of the error screen. It's my theory - and I have to say this is my theory alone - that the reason why they are not posting the bypass procedure is because they want people to send them the error code messages that they are getting as opposed to just posting the bypass procedure. This is probably because they want to know what the error codes are and how people are getting them. However the problem seems to be that people are getting the same error codes for doing different things! Another thing too is that while a specific error code has been solved for one person it hasn't been solved for another.

I have mentioned many times about there being an error code blog online - don't know if it is Blogger.com's offical blog but it does have error code information on it. The last time I checked the blog - which was a few days ago - the blog said that it was temporarily unavailable which is strange because I can still see it online!

If you are trying to contact the Blogger.com staff about asking about the bypass procedure and they are not resonding they must have a reason why. Maybe they just don't want the bloggers to know what the bypass procedure is.

Meanwhile I will continue to use it because getting those error code screens is quite annoying and if I didn't know the bypass procedure myself I would just move my blog somewhere else.

April 26, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home