Friday, February 22, 2008

How Come I Can't Find My Blog In The Search Engines?

One of the things that you have to understand is that just because you have a blog online that DOESN'T mean that it will appear in the search engines.

You have to understand that a site (or blog) will appear in the search engines when people type in search terms that match the content in your blog.

What I generally tell people is that they should first decide what keywords / search terms they want associated with their site. The next thing you should do is see where your site ranks using these search terms and if you don't like where your site is ranking (or worse yet, your site isn't appearing in the search engine results at all) then you have to work more on incorporating those search terms into the content of your site.

This is more commonly known as "search engine optimization" or SEO for short. To find out more about SEO you can visit my The SEO Consultant blog.

For a much more specific example, lets take my Adsense Consultant Blog. Currently a link to this blog appears on page 1 of google's, yahoo's and msn's search engine results when the term "adsense consultant" is typed into the search engines. Since I am an Adsense Consultant that is exactly where I want a link to my blog to show up - on page 1 of the search engines!

If you want your site to appear in the search engines (and as high in the rankings as possible) then you are going to have to do some work to get that accomplished. Some people have been very lucky with this in that their sites appear in the search engines right away! There have been some instances where a blog entry that I posted appears in the search engines in as little as 24 hours!

But on the average you will have to do some work to optimize your site (or blog) for the search engines.

Comments Received



my blog is not on google search and on any search engine, and no visibility and traffic Please help me how to get above all


v~


First of all you should take a look at my The SEO Consultant Blog. It has helpful tips and advice about optimizing one's site for the search engines.

Again as I have said in the past the normal formula for optimizing one's site(s) for the search engines are:

  • first decide which keywords that you want your site to be associated with

  • then do a search using those keywords to see where your site is showing up in the search engines. If you don't like where your site is showing - or worse yet it is not showing up at all - then you are going to have to work harder at optimizing your site for the search engines and the best way to do that is to better incorporate those search terms into the content of your site!


Currently I am tracking the search engine results for my The Adsense Consultant Blog and a link to both of my blogs currently appears on page 1 of Google's search engine for the term "adsense consultant - which is exactly where I want a link to my blog to appear when people are looking for an Adsense Consultant!

One of the first things you should do is to add a stats tracker to your blog so that you can track where your traffic is coming from and once you know that you can work more harder at getting more traffic to your site which then raises it's visibility. More visibility leads to more traffic.

You also have to promote your blog and there are quite a few places online where you can do that for free!

If you want me to help you specifically with your blog - in other words "when you are ready for results" - I suggest that you take a look at my blog link below:

Sister2brother
The SEO Consultant


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kkkkkk said...

thank you so much for this info.. any tips for my blog? how cn i improve SEO here? im just noob.. i hope you cn help..

March 28, 2008 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Sister2brother said...

Like I have said so many times before optimizing one's site for the search engines is going to take some work! My Adsense Consultant Blog is currently top-ranked on Google's search engine for the term "adsense consultant and I believe that it got there because of the work that I did and the work that I do!

You have to decide what keywords / search terms that you want your site to be associated with then see where your site ranks with them. If you don't like where your site is ranking or worse yet if you don't see it ranking at all then you will have to work harder at incorporating those search terms within the content of your site.

You have to do the work!

March 30, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home