Here is a list of things that turn people off as far as blogs are concerned:
- A blog that takes too long to load - so if you have a lot of pictures or other features that "weigh" your blog down - you may want to reconsider.
- "ugly" looking or otherwise a less attractive color scheme
- sites that have "more ads than content"
- "pop up" ads
- content is not interesting enough - Although I should mention here that you can't please all the people all the time and that you should have your blog for YOU and not someone else. You are not going to get everyone interested in your blog.
- blogs with music that automatically plays (and sometimes the volume of the music is too loud) - give your visitors the option of being able to choose whether or not they want to hear the music by providing a "play" button instead of automatically letting the music play when the site loads
- text/font is too big or small or too difficult to read
- bad grammer and/or too many mis-spelled words
- a clashing background making the site too hard to read
- blogs that aren't updated regularly
Labels: Blogging Opinions, Increasing Traffic