Thursday, November 1, 2007

"How Can I Attract More Traffic To My Blog?"

Well the first thing that you should do is tell everybody you know about your blog.

The next thing that you should do is to add a counter and a tracking system to your blog. There are some of these that are available online for free and they usually just involve you copying and pasting some code into your blog.

The counter will let you know the number of visitors that have come to your blog. That way you can keep track of your blog's traffic progress.

A stats counter will not only let you know how many people are visiting your blog but some of them can also tell you where your vistors are coming from. That way you will know what website led them to your blog.

The next thing to do is to decide who would be most interested in your blog - that would be your target audience. For instance this blog is called "The Blog Consultant" and since it is a blog about blog consulting then that means that my target audience are those that are new to blogging, those that want to find out more about blogging and those that need help with their blogs. Those are just a few of my "target" audiences.

You should also realize that a good deal of traffic comes from the search engines. When people are looking for certain types of information they will type some search terms into a search engine and that search engine will bring back a list of sites that are relevent to the search terms that were typed in. You want your blog (or website) to be in that list and you want it as high up on that list as possible. Again using this blog as an example a link to this blog appears on page one of google's search engine results when the term "the blog consultant" is typed into the search box. Since I am a blog consultant then I definitely want a link to my blog to appear on page one of Google's search engine results when someone is looking for a blog consultant.

Basically speaking you have to apply this same kind of principle to your blog.

You can keep track of my efforts to keep my sites (and my clients' sites) on page 1 of the search engines by visiting my The SEO Consultant Blog

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a non profit blog and would like to know exactly how to get the attention of people....can you review it and let me know what you think please?

thank you

September 16, 2010 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Sister2brother said...

First you have to understand that I do not review sites for free. I charge $100 to review a website or blog.

Secondly take a good look at the information that I made on this post because that would be a good way for you to start getting people to visit your blog.

September 16, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home