Saturday, March 27, 2010

Never Underestimate Your Blog Posts!



I was looking at some of my google adsense numbers today and I was also looking at the stats for my websites and blogs. It's interesting to see that I have gotten a lot of blog traffic from some of my older blog posts - some dating back as far as 2008!

What this tells me is that you shouldn't think that just because your blog post is old that someone somewhere may not read it because that is simply not true! From my own stats information I can see that a lot of visitors to my blogs have gotten there because they were looking for information that was similar to the information on my blog even though my blog post was a few months or even a few years old!

So don't underestimate your older blog posts!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Suko said...

Yes, you are right. The more posts you have, "the merrier"--that is, the more likely it is that some will be visited, vintage posts included. :)

April 10, 2010 at 1:27 AM  
Blogger Sister2brother said...

Yes, YOU are right! I have seen information from my tracking statistics that people have visited my blog posts as far back as the first few blog posts when my blogs were first created! - Wow! It took me a while to realize that this is a good thing and it especially helps when you're looking for good Adsense income and it helps to show how your blog and blog posts are showing up in the search engines too.

But I really get a kick out of seeing that people have visited my older blog posts.

April 10, 2010 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Lamielle here! said...

Hello there, very nice and informative blog. I learned a lot and would surely apply this to my blog. Also I think I need your help. My problem is I don't know how to put my - posted by: bha blah at 5:00 am under the - comment. If you notice it is under the tittle which is not really nice. Please help :)

May 2, 2010 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Sister2brother said...

Well there is a way that you can change the coding of your blog to have it the way that you mentioned above but you have to be very careful and know what you are doing. I have "tweaked" my blog many a time to get it to look just the way that I wanted it to.

May 4, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home