Saturday, March 28, 2009

Announcements!



I was looking at another blog and saw that it had an announcements box at the top side of the blog! I thought that this was a cute idea and decided to try it one of my own blogs - this one!

This particular blog is using Blogger.com's older format meaning that I have to go into the html of my template and add the coding for this box manually. (I may get around to updating this blog to Blogger.com's newer format - but not just right now!)

As you can see from my Announcements on the right, I now have a little box where I can put my announcements. You can do this to your own blog where you can add announcements about almost anything! What you are doing, whether or not you will be away for awhile, etc...............

If you are using Blogger.com's newer format then you can add this kind of box by simply adding a new gadget that lets you type in the html coding that will let you have this type of box. You can make the box look different by adding a different color background and adding a different kind of font to use as your text. Personally I think it looks great!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lamielle here! said...

Hi there, I would like to add this announcement box too, but unfortunately I don't know how to do it. can you please specify it to me, step by step? thank you and happy blogging :)

May 2, 2010 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Sister2brother said...

In order to add this type of "announcement" box you have to know html coding. You also have to be very, very careful because you are messing with the template coding of your blog and if you don't know what you are doing then you could really (and I mean really) mess up your blog!

May 4, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home