Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I Am New To Blogging"......



I'm starting to see a lot of posts from those that are new to blogging and the majority of the posts have to do with asking about how one's blog can be noticed more.

Here is a link to a message forum thread where you can announce your new blog to the world!

It also helps if you can optimize your blog for the search engines (
you can read more about this topic by going to my The SEO Consultant Blog
).

However I think the most important advice that I can give about getting your blog more well known and about how to get more people / traffic to come to your blog is for you to let your blog build up a reputation. Give your blog some time to get noticed! I have seen posts from people who have created their blog and published it on the Internet and expected it to show up in the search engines as soon as their blog was published? Usually it doesn't happen right away! Notice I said usually because there have been examples of sites showing up in the search engines in as little as 24 hours! A good example is my own The Adsense Consultant Blog because there have been quite a few of my blog posts that have showed up in the search engines in as little as 24 hours but I attribute that to the fact that there was quite a bit of interest in the subject matter of my blog posts which mainly had to do with people trying to find out when they were getting their Adsense payments!

I say that to say this:

The majority of people who have had their blog posts (or a link to their blog) show up in the search engines in as little as 24 hours usually have achieved this because the subject matter of their blog is very popular and people are using the search engines looking for information that is related to the information that they have on their blog (or website).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home